Writings from Africa
A collection of emails and journal entries from my year in Africa
"Now, looking back on my life in Africa, I feel
that it might altogether be described as the |
existence of a person who had
come from a rushed and noisy world, into a still country."
| - Karen Blixen, from Out of
Part I - Kenya
Part II - WFP
- Catching Road-Kill
- "I am the only one who isn't feeling sick"
- "The traffic jam was 20km long..."
- "He slipped and fell 20 feet to the bottom"
- Climbing Mt. Kenya
Part III - Sudan
- Facts and Figures
- Alphabet Soup
- "We hit a bump and the engine died"
Part IV - The Journey Home
- "Tomorrow I leave for Sudan"
- "All I could see were Caleb's eyes getting bigger and bigger..."
- "He decided to settle the quarrel with his AK-47"
- "Apparently she just died"
- "My latest worst experience..."
- "The brakes completely failed"
- "Do You have Shoes?" - U.S. Customs
|Created December 22, 2003